• Adopt X-pac VX21 blue for main fabric, X-pac VX21 black for side pockets
• Comfortable Two-Track ventilated suspension system
• Shoulder straps connect all the way to the whole back creating a ventilated back panel and providing basic support for frameless mode by a weight saving way.
• 2 vertical and 1 lateral aluminum stays can be inserted to stay in the same piece of back panel adding the stability of the suspension system by a weight saving way. (Users are suggested to re-shape the stays to fit their figure before usage)
• 2 long daisy chains
• Removable sternum strap
• Removable hip belt, with two pockets on the belt
(no pockets for XS waist size due to the length of the belt)
• Three stages compression system (top/side/bottom) (volume adjustable from 20L~51L)
• Bottom seam bound with wide and stiff webbing to reduce water seeping in from lateral seams
• The bottom seam binding make this pack easily stand on the ground
• Add hydration port and inner buckle for hydration bladder
• Torsos size: Small(S): 15”~17” / Regular(R): 17~19" / Large(L): 19”~21" / Extra Large(XL): 21"~24"
• Extra Small (XS): 23”~27” / Small (S): 27”~31" / Medium (M): 31”~35" / Large (L): 35”~39"
For Extra Small (XS) size, there is no pockets on the belt due to the limitation of the belt length.
Accessories in the package:
• Removable hip belt
• Removable Sternum Strap
• Aluminum stays*3
• Bungee loop*2/ String Loop*2
MARL is an ultralight hiking backpack using high-end material X-Pac VX21 as main fabric (VX42 for bottom panel). MARL equips three stages compression system (top/side/bottom) and the volume is adjustable between 20L~51L, which makes it suitable for all kinds of trips.
Main material is X-Pac VX21, a laminated fabric (200d nylon + black polyester x-ply + 0.25mil PET film +50d polyester taffeta backing) resulting in outstanding waterproofness and shearing strength for its weight.
MARL weighs 1053g (torso R/ hipbelt S) and the recommended comfortable carrying weight is under 20kg.
Three stages compression system (top/side/bottom). New bottom compression mechanism makes it able to adjust backpack volume between 20L- 51L.
Before compression, MARL can be a pack for trips about one week. After compression, MARL can be adjusted to very small, just like an ordinary day pack.
Hipbelt pockets in place for small snacks or small camera.
Two side pockets for water bottles or your maps.
In main compartment, there're hydration port and buckle for hydration bladder.
The front big mesh pocket provides an easy access space for storing personal stuff. It is ideal for placing wet gear or raincoats. It would help dry your stuff at the same time keep your main compartment clean. There is elastic string at the edge of the mesh, which allows people to adjust the space they need.
MARL is built with comfortable Two-Track ventilated suspension system. We leverage the height difference of the shoulder straps on the back to increase the ability of ventilation. The two vertical aluminum stays provide the suspension support and are able to be bent based on individual's figure. For how to bend the stays, please check this LINK.
This removable sternum strap helps with pack stability and has whistle feature for emergency signaling.
The top compression straps can help fix sleeping pad. Two Daisy chains on the front are ideal for clipping any gear. For further needs to carry gears outside the packs, please check this tool- "hook and Strap"
MARL IN FIELD
Old version (before 2018)