MARL X is a special version of our classic MARL backpack for lightweight hiking. This new model equips a larger XPAC rear pocket for additional storage, a bungee cord kit, and double drawstrings for side pockets. Crafted with high-quality materials and a roll-top closure, the MARL X is a medium-sized backpack with a breathable two-track carrying system, making it ideal for single-day and multi-day hikes. With this backpack, you can enjoy comfortable carrying and ample storage space for all your hiking essentials.
• Adopt X-pac VX21 for the main fabric, YKK water-resistant zipper
• The roll-top opening design makes adjusting the bag's capacity easy, making it suitable for both single-day and multi-day trips.
• Comfortable Two-Track ventilated suspension system
• Shoulder straps connect all the way to the whole back creating a ventilated back panel and providing basic support for frameless mode in a weight-saving way.
• two vertical and one lateral aluminum stays can be inserted to stay in the same back panel, adding the stability of the suspension system in a weight-saving way.
(Users are suggested to re-shape the stays to fit their figure before usage)
• Bottom seam bound with wide and stiff webbing to reduce water seeping in from lateral seams
• Removable sternum strap
• Removable hipbelt with two pockets on the belt
(no pockets for XS waist size due to the length of the belt)
•Three stages compression system (top/side/bottom)
• Two long daisy chains. Easy to attach gear onto MARL X
• Add hydration port and inner buckle for hydration bladder
• Large rear fabric pocket
• Side fabric pockets with double drawstrings
• Torsos size: Small(S): 15”~17” / Regular(R): 17~19" / Large(L): 19”~21" / Extra Large(XL): 21"~24" (XL is not in stock and made to order, please contact email@example.com )
• Extra Small (XS): 23”~27” / Small (S): 27”~31" / Medium (M): 31”~35" / Large (L): 35”~39" For Extra Small (XS) size, there is no pockets on the belt due to the limitation of the belt length.
Accessories in the package:
• Removable hip belt
• Removable Sternum Strap
• Aluminum stays*3
• Long bungee cord in 4 yards *1 PCS
• Double-hole cord locks * 5 PCS, plus cord hook* 1 PCS
• Bungee loop*2/ String Loop*2
MARL X, is a new edition of our classic lightweight mountaineering backpack MARL. Made with XPAC fabric, it features a black and gray two-tone design. The backpack also comes with a handy bungee cord combination that can be adjusted to any length and paired with a double-hole rope buckle for added convenience.
MARL X has a spacious XPAC rear pocket that can be used for extra storage. It also features a draining hole at the bottom and offers privacy for personal belongings.
The PLEATED 3D pocket is spacious enough to accommodate a standard helmet, and gear can be easily attached to MARL.
The drawstring has been updated to a double string design, making it easy to securely attach a water bottle cap while moving quickly and ensuring it won't fall out.
For more details, please refer to the MARL hiking backpack.
MARL is an ultralight hiking backpack using high-end material X-Pac VX21 as the main fabric (VX42 for the bottom panel). MARL equips three stages compression system (top/side/bottom), and the volume is adjustable between 20L~51L, which makes it suitable for all kinds of trips.
The main material is X-Pac VX21, a laminated fabric (200d nylon + black polyester x-ply + 0.25mil PET film +50d polyester taffeta backing) resulting in outstanding waterproofness and shearing strength for its weight.
MARL weighs 1053g (torso R/ hipbelt S), and the recommended comfortable carrying weight is under 20kg.
Three stages compression system (top/side/bottom). The new bottom compression mechanism adjusts backpack volume between 20L- 51L.
Before compression, MARL can be a pack for trips for about one week. After compression, MARL can be adjusted to very small, just like an ordinary day pack.
Hipbelt pockets in place for small snacks or small cameras.
Two side pockets for water bottles or your maps.
The main compartment has a hydration port and buckles for a hydration bladder.
The front big mesh pocket provides an easy access space for storing personal stuff. It is ideal for placing wet gear or raincoats. It would help dry your stuff at the same time keep your main compartment clean. An elastic string at the edge of the mesh allows people to adjust the space they need.
MARL is built with a comfortable Two-Track ventilated suspension system. We leverage the height difference of the shoulder straps on the back to increase the ability of ventilation. The two vertical aluminum stays provide suspension support and are able to be bent based on an individual's figure. For how to bend the stays, please check this LINK.
This removable sternum strap helps with pack stability and has a whistle feature for emergency signaling.
The top compression straps can help fix the sleeping pad. Two Daisy chains on the front are ideal for clipping any gear. For further needs to carry gears outside the packs, please check this tool- "hook and Strap"
MARL IN FIELD
Old version (before 2018)