The Sawyer Mini Water Filter is the lightest and most versatile personal filtration system from Sawyer. With a total field weight of 2 ounces it fits in the palm of your hand. Filtering up to 100,000 gallons of water, and can remove 7 log (99.99999%) of all bacteria and 6 log (99.9999%) of all protozoa.
* The SAWYER MINI filter is ideal for outdoor recreation, hiking, camping, scouting, domestic and international travel and emergency preparedness.
* The MINI removes 99.99999% of all bacteria, such as salmonella, cholera and E.coli; removes 99.9999% of all protozoa, such as giardia and cryptosporidium.
* High performance filter fits in the palm of your hand, weighs 2 ounces and filters up to 100,000 gallons (30 times more than comparable filters)
* Attaches to included drinking pouch, standard disposable bottles (28 mm thread), hydration packs, or use the straw to drink directly from your water source
* Made in USA
1 – Sawyer MINI Water Filter with Tip Cap
1 – 16 oz Reusable Squeeze Pouch
1 – 7″ Drinking Straw
1 – Cleaning Plunger (Syringe)
Cleaning and Maintenance Instructions
1. Initial wetting:
Be sure to slowly squeeze the water through the filter, giving the filter fibers time to fully saturate. The initial flow rate may seem slow but will increase as fibers become wetted which usually takes approximately one Liter of water.
2. Back Flushing Process
To maximize the effectiveness and longevity of your filter, Sawyer recommends back flushing your filter after each outing. The fibers are very robust so please be FORCEFUL in your back flush process. When using the syringe do not be gentle, it will only form paths of least resistance instead blowing out the particulates that may be trapped in your filter. When using the faucet adapter, hold the adapter on the faucet and ‘turn the water up’ to ensure particle(s) removal. Do NOT use soap when backwashing your filter.
3. Before storing your filter, Sawyer recommends sanitizing your filter. This process is simple: Back flush filter. Run a standard bleach solution (fragrance free) through your filter (one cap of bleach per quart of water). Let air dry and then store in a cool, dry place OR store wet and clean before using.
4. If you are in freezing temperatures, we recommend that you store your filter in your pocket or close to your person so that your body heat can prevent freezing. THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR A FROZEN FILTER.
SAWYER MINI attaches to standard disposable bottles (28 mm thread).
You may also use the included drinking pouch.
You only need one filter in a hiking team and can provide clean water to your team.
Use included drinking straw to directly drink the water in a lake or a mountain stream.